Sunday, September 7, 2008

Steve Martin Suprise!

Ok, now I know that I haven't made a post in a very long time and that's mostly because, 1. I'm lazy and distracted, and 2. There haven't been many movies good enough or bad enough to warrent their own post.

So I actually have nothing funny to say about this movie I am going to review, but please read it anyway. Ok, that's not like me...I do have one thing to say...I mean show.
Photobucket
TRAITOR!!!!!!!!! (That's what I got when I did a google image search for a image from traitor. I couldn't help myself)



Traitor is a beautiful story with a main charactor so genuinely good that one can't help but be drawn in. It's a story that demonstrates in a profound and unique way that our perceptions aren't always correct and that what we deem as knowledge isn't always grounded in truth. The director takes this theme right off the page of the screenplay and brings it to life with his creative camera work and smooth staging. Don Cheadle is perfect in the lead role and brings with him a depth and sincerity to the main character that displays a talent so rare in the industry today. Steve Martin did a magnificent job putting this story on paper. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him in the credits but its true. And if this is the type of movie that is produced out of his mind, I truely wish he'll write another.

Traitor tells the story of a man who gets caught up in a holy war and how he reacts when forced to take a side. I don't think I am able to explain this movie fully so, instead of going on and botching it, I'm going to leave it at that.

Rated PG13 for violence, language, and themes.

I've probably said this before, but if you only see one movie this year, make it this one. Honestly, even with Twilight coming out, see this one. I know, I totally just said that. (So maybe I would run and see Twilight January 1st but you get the idea)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I want to see pictures of the house!!!!!

Melissa said...

I actually want to see this movie, I didn't realize it was out yet. John and I were going to go to a movie on Saturday and drove by the movies 6 and there looked like there was nothing good playing....so it is good to know this movie is out now, I just need to find the theatre it is in!